Download sample: ISEE English (pdf)
Ivy Global’s ISEE English: Upper, Middle and Lower Level with Vocabulary offers the most comprehensive prep available for the Verbal Reasoning, Reading Comprehension, and Essay portions of the ISEE.
It addresses content for the Lower Level (4th-5th grade students), Middle Level (6th-7th grade students), and Upper Level (8th-11th grade students) of the exam. Content for different levels is clearly marked in the book for ease of use.
The book includes guidance for self-study and is a popular choice for tutors and parents helping students prepare for the exam. It is also an excellent standalone resource for students who only need to improve their performance on the English sections of the exam, or it can be used together with Ivy Global’s ISEE Math: Upper, Middle and Lower Level and ISEE Practice: Upper, Middle and Lower Level Tests books as part of a comprehensive course of study.
This book includes:
- A complete explanation of the format and scoring of the ISEE
- A thorough overview of test-taking strategies
- Detailed explanation and practice for Synonym and Analogy problems
- Critical Reading strategies for every passage and question type
- A step-by-step approach for the Writing Sample
- 500 core vocabulary words
- 101 of the most useful roots, prefixes, and suffixes
- Over 600 drills and exercises